Website R3 is Hiring
About the Job
At R3, we are on a mission to transform the future of business through cutting-edge permissioned blockchain and distributed ledger technology (DLT). Joining our team means being at the forefront of innovation, particularly in developing and advancing Corda, a DLT platform designed for complex workflows between businesses without centralized control points. Corda is trusted by major players in financial markets, including banks, stock exchanges, insurance companies, and payments firms, for delivering reliable, scalable, and performant decentralized systems.
As a member of the Corda Platform’s Interoperability engineering team, you will be pivotal in building bridging technology between public blockchains, specifically Ethereum, and Corda. This greenfield project demands active participation in design, code reviews, issue resolution, and overall technical delivery. You will embody a culture of ownership, craftsmanship, and collaboration to contribute to the team’s goal of building and shipping exceptional software.
- Contribute to the technical delivery of the team through software development, design creation and review, and code review.
- Address issues raised through QA or Support tickets promptly.
- Foster a team culture internally and externally, valuing peer contributions, meeting commitments, and championing craftsmanship.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure a cohesive product delivery.
- Embrace a culture of ownership, making design choices, learning from experiences, and consistently striving for improved software versions.
Represent the team in cross-team alignments, retrospectives, and technical discussions.
Present and discuss the team’s work with R3 stakeholders.
Contribute to knowledge sharing through blogs and internal tech talks.
- Strong technical programming background.
- Recognition of Software Engineering as a discipline and Programming as a craft, with a commitment to improving both.
- Experience with Ethereum or Enterprise Ethereum, including developing and deploying software on the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM).
- Experience with enterprise-level software development, particularly in Java and Kotlin, and familiarity with cloud technologies like AWS.
- Knowledge of standard building and delivery automation tools, with previous experience in Gradle being desirable.
- Background in domains where high availability and performance are crucial.
Dedication to quality, engineering agility, and a desire to provide top-notch products and capabilities for customers.